Thursday, June 2, 2011

Treasure Not Trash



 "Someone's trash is someone else's treasure" is a popular quote, especially for people who do a lot of thrift store, flea market and antique shopping. I believe that trash is not the right word because most times the items I find are NOT in fact trash and are in very good condition. If something does not fit you anymore or you have not worn or used it in some time than you should donate it. Someone else may find it and get more use out of it than you did. You can also give clothing to sisters and friends or have a clothes swap party, which is really fun way to get your friends together, drink some wine and share each other’s clothes. My sister does not know it yet, but I am sending her one of my favorite pairs of 7 For All Mankind jeans. The knee ripped so I turned them into shorts (just in time for summer), then I grew out of them so my gain is her gain too! I know she will appreciate and treasure them just as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment